This blog was created for my friend Terry Purdom. Terry was diagnosed with an incurable form of bone cancer called Multiple Myeloma in November 2004. Last summer 2010, Terry took a roadtrip to raise money to fund cancer research. My wife and I have both lost loved ones to cancer, and know the horrible effects that this disease has on friends, family, and those struck by the illness. Terry is truly a hero. Our dream is to help Terry with his cause. Please read more about Terry on his web site http://www.terrysbigadventure.com/







Friday, February 18, 2011

A note from Terry on facebook :)

This Is Absolutely Amazing

by Terry Purdom on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 6:15pm
I don't know what to say about this, except Mike and Nikki want to help. They live in Utah and followed me on my motorcycle adventure this past summer. The word got to me that Nikki wanted to make a couple of quilts to help me. They saw that I was giving up my health insurance and wanted to help me financially. I called Mike today, I think it was an emotional call for both of us. I told him I would be fine, but would it be okay to use the quilts to raise money for my American Cancer Society's, Relay  For Life Team. He was fine with that and that's what we are going to do. Hope Elevated! This is absolutely amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment